The Weeknd Biography/Wiki
The Weeknd is a Grammy Award-winning Canadian singer, and songwriter, and has created many big hits such as ‘Can’t Feel My Face,’ ‘The Hills’ and ‘Starboy’.The Weeknd was born on February 16, 1990, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Initially, his career began when The Weeknd anonymously uploaded several songs to YouTube under the name “The Weeknd” in 2010. He dropped out of his school at the age of 17 to focus on music. Also, Check Out Summer Walker Biography.
The Weeknd Net Worth
He was ranked #6 on Forbes’ 2017 highest-paid celebrities list with $92 million.
The Weeknd Age, Height, And Weight
The Weeknd is 173 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’ 8”. His weight is approximately 85 kg or 187 lbs. His hair and eye color are Dark Brown & Black respectively. He was born on February 16, 1990, so his age is 29 years in 2019.
The Weeknd Education, And Family
His father Makonnen Tesfaye left the family when The Weeknd was very young. He was raised by his grandmother and mother Samra Tesfaye. He did his schooling at West Hill Collegiate Institute & Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute and dropped school and never go to college.
|Real Name||Abel Makkonen Tesfaye|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Of Birth||February 16, 1990|
|Height||in centimeters – 173 cm
in feet inches – 5′ 8″ feet
|Weight||in Kilograms – 85 kg
in Pounds – 187 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer|
|School||West Hill Collegiate Institute
Birchmount Park Collegiate Institute (Dropout)
|Home Town||Scarborough, Ontario, Canada|
|Fathers Name||Makonnen Tesfaye|
|Mothers Name||Samra Tesfaye|
The Weeknd Career, Fashion, And Style
The Weekend musical career started when he met producer Jeremy Rose in 2010. The two joined hands and produced three songs, “What You Need”, “Loft Music”, and “The Morning”. The Weeknd uploaded these songs on YouTube under his stage name. These songs also caught some media attention.
The earlier mixtapes of The Weeknd were re-released as 2012’s Trilogy, which became a platinum-selling record for the young artist.
He joined with rapper Future on the single “Comin Out Stron” from the album Hndrxx (2017).
The Weeknd Personal Life
Favorite Things Of The Weeknd
Here we are providing you with a list of his favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Will Smith|
|Favorite Foods||Ethiopian food|
|Favorite Actress||Megan Fox|
|Favorite songs||” Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson, “Off the Wall” by
|Favorite Singers||Michael Jackson, Drake, David Bowie, Tilahun Gessesse, Aster Aweke, Mahmoud Ahmed|
|Favorite TV Shows||Game of Thrones|
|Favorite Cars||McLaren P1, Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster, Bentley Mulsanne|
|Grammy Awards||Best Urban Contemporary Album: Beauty Behind the Madness (2016)Best R&B Performance:-
“Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)” (2016)
|Billboard Music Awards||Top R&B Album: Beauty Behind the Madness (2016)
Top Streaming Song (Audio) (2016)
Best Urban Contemporary Album: Starboy (2018)
Facts About The Weeknd
- The Weeknd does smoking and drinking.
- His parents were born in Ethiopia and shifted to Canada in the 1980s which see in The Weeknd also as his roots in Ethiopia.
- His father left him at a very young age and his mother used to be a workaholic in his growing years so his childhood was very lonely.
- He used to spend most of his childhood or teenage with his grandmother, where he learned his native language, Amharic (an Afroasiatic language).
- He left his studies and family at the age of 17, after that, he traveled aimlessly on the streets of Toronto.
- At a young age, he used to be a drug addict and took MDMA, Xanax, cocaine, mushrooms, and ketamine.
- He always wanted to do something related to music, and after leaving his home, he continued his interest in music and produced a free download called “House of Balloons” in 2011. He also produced two more mixtapes, which gave the initial push to his music career.
- In the same year, he joined Drake on his album ‘Take Care’ (2011), through which he got a deal with Universal’s Republic Records.
- He and his fellow crew member inspired the idea of his stage name “The Weeknd” from his real-life story when he left his mother’s home – “left one end of the week and never got back home.”
- “The Weekend”, the spelling of his stage name was already taken by a band, that’s why he removed the “e” out of his stage name and re-spelled it to “The Weeknd.”
- In December 2010, he uploaded his tracks on YouTube such as – “What You Need,” “Space Music,” and “The Morning” under the name “The Weeknd.”
- Initially, he was insecure about his appearance and didn’t like the spotlight, taking pictures & getting interviewed.
- In 2012, The earlier mixtapes of The Weeknd were re-released as 2012’s Trilogy, which became a platinum-selling record for the young artist.
- His crew name is “XO” which represents the drugs – Ecstasy, and Oxycontin.
- He had a “palm tree” like hairstyle for around 4 years, which was inspired by artist Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- There was a lot of buzzes when he refused to sign under Drake’s name, OVO Sound, but there is no hatred between the two. He already told Drake from the beginning that he wanted to go to an alternative course.
- He is a good friend of Wiz Khalifa, who once said that The Weeknd always inspires him.
- He sings Michael Jackson’s “Off the Wall” before his every performance, as an energy booster.
- His sharp voice and similarity to Michael Jackson make him attractive to all classes of music.
- He is the first male singer who tops the Hot 100, Billboard 200, and Artist 100 charts in the same calendar year.
- He donated $50,000 to the St. Mary Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church in Toronto in 2016.
- He used to live in a rented house until 2017 in the Hollywood Hills, which was supposedly a haunted house.
The Weeknd Social Media Accounts
- Instagram – @theweeknd
- Twitter – @theweeknd
- Facebook – @TheWeeknd